Role in Barmer’s development
Mr. Harish has been actively associated with tackling social issues prior to, during and after his election to Lok Sabha. His deep concern to uplift the welfare of Barmer’s constituents has earned him a special place in their hearts. During his first term, Barmer witnessed the implementation of several notable schemes. Mr. Harish’s resolution to bring clean, drinking water to every household in the constituency led to the implementation of the historic move to bring Himalayan water to Barmer.
His concrete efforts towards elevating Barmer’s economic status led to the establishment of a new oil refinery, further enhancing the scope of industrial development and employment for the constituency’s youth.
Some of his other major political achievements include –
- Sanctioning of Lift Canal water schemes for Barmer-Jaisalmer,
- Implementation of National Rural Drinking water project
- Renovation & widening of NH15 and NH112
- Completion of New RAIL Line
- Electrification through Rajeev Gandhi Vidyutikaran and CM electrification schemes
- Inclusion of Sindhi Musalaman in OBC category and inclusion of ‘Paala’ and ‘olavrishti’ in central relief fund norms.